Pages

Monday, December 8, 2014

Dialogue Foldable Freebie

I hope everyone is enjoying this crazy, fun time of year.  I know I find myself even busier than normal these days.  However, I am doing things that make me happy, so it's all good.

In an earlier post, I shared some ways that I teach dialogue in my classroom.  This year, I taught dialogue in a very similar way.  The Flocabulary song was a must!  My students loved it so much that a few of them downloaded it to their iPads.  If you are not familiar with this song, you can check it out below.


This year, I am into interactive notebooks more than ever, so I wanted to create a way to incorporate them into this unit.  I ended up creating this foldable.


After reviewing the rules for dialogue the previous day, we highlighted the capital letters and punctuation related to the dialogue rules.  Then, I had students glue the foldable into their notebooks and write their own sentences under each flap. 


Now, students have two model sentences for each placement of the speaker.  I still have some working on dialogue in a small group, but I have seen a huge improvement with this skill.

If you are interested in this foldable, you can download it here.

Have a great week, and please enjoy this holiday season!

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this freebie! This is always something we are working on - especially with citing evidence. :)

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete