Pages

Friday, August 21, 2015

Personal Word Wall

Hello Everyone!  I just finished my first full week of school.  It was definitely a huge adjustment after the summer.  However, I have been blessed with a great class, and I am very excited to see what this year has in store.

This summer, I worked on a couple of things to help improve my writing workshop.  One of the tools I created for my students was personal word walls for my students.  I got the idea from some professional development I attended this summer.

The idea is for students to record the words that are challenging for them to spell.  Because there are so many different levels in my class, I love the idea of individualized word lists.  Students will record their words on these sheets.



I stapled each page to a file folder that I am going to allow students to decorate.  I can easily attach more sheets, as needed.


I am looking forward to incorporating personal word walls in my classroom soon!  Students will then have a writing resource as well as their own personal list for Word Work during Daily 3 time.

If you have used personal word walls in your classroom, I would love to hear any thoughts or advice.  If you would like to give mine a try, I put them on a Google doc that you can access here.  I will let you know how this works in my classroom.

Teaching Blog Addict Freebie Downloads
Thank you, and have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love that the word walls are individualized to each student. Then, when you confer with them, you can take a look at what words were challenging. And I like how you're creating Word Work from those words. That's so much more meaningful! Good stuff!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete